Prayer Updates for February
We give thanks to you, O God;
we give thanks, for your name is near.
We recount your wondrous deeds
The Lord has been so faithful these past few weeks during the initial time on the ground in Fairfax that we wanted to take a few moments and recount His wondrous deeds. Thank you for praying alongside us for His church to be built and for His Kingdom to go forward, may you be encouraged as you also join us in praise.
- Our first Vision Night on Jan 12th had 5 people come. This was 1 week after we were able to firm up a location! This blew away our expectations!
- We thought Mike & Linda Bowker would be 'helpful' for this critical Vision Night. We found out the night would have been impossible without them. They drove 15 hours from Iowa just to help host the night!
- Tom and Anita attended the first Vision Night. They have an incredible heart for Christ's kingdom and committed to join our team 3 days later.
- Cynthia has been praying and is enthusiastic about this work and committed as well after attending the first Vision Night.
- Lee Brinckley moved to Fairfax on Jan 15th. We found out that his place of work will be 2 miles from where we hope the church will meet. We didn't plan that!
- Dan had been working his way through school and County officials to locate a venue for the 2nd Vision Night. On Wednesday the 18th a County official told him "There's no way we can approve you in less than 3 weeks." As of 2pm on Thursday the 19th, we were approved.
- The county dropped the requirement that we have a $2 million insurance policy for our meetings. It would have cost us $650!
- Dan and Jaime have secured a 2 year lease on their house in Davenport! Jaime and the kids will be able to join Dan soon! God has also provided them with a condo in a central location in Fairfax.
- The Brinckleys have also found a town home to rent in a central location that God provided for less than market value!
- Brian and Kay Billman sold their house!
- Our second Vision Night on Jan 28th was just as encouraging! We had two couples come and one of them is ready to make a commitment while the other is counting the cost of a long commute!
- God orchestrated several encounters in and around Fairfax with our team where relationships were built.
Here's what we'd appreciate prayer for:
The Garcias head to Fairfax for a weeklong visit on Feb 8th, please pray that God would provide:
- A job for Ben that would enable him to have time and flexibility for ministry and provide for their family's needs
- A centrally located place to live for a great price
- A love for the people of Fairfax and the nations that are there
Brian and Kay Billman are expecting the arrival of their baby boy on Feb 21st. Please pray for a healthy delivery.
Pray that the Brinckleys house would sell soon. Pray for emotional and spiritual strength for Debra and the Brinckley kids as they are apart from Lee during this time.
Pray for Jaime Buraga and the Buraga kids as well during this time apart from Dan, that the Lord would preserve, protect, and strengthen them.
Pray for our Vision Night in Oakton on February 13th and a Vision Share in Fairfax on Feb 26th. Would you pray that God would:
- Give our team a contagious spirit in inviting many who need a Christ-centered church
- Cause many who are invited to come
- Give those who need to commit to our team the courage to do so
- Give us missionary eyes and hearts as we go about the logistics for these nights
- That He would truly bring much glory to Himself as He expands His kingdom in Fairfax
Thanks for praying! We see daily answers to your hard work and are so encouraged by your faithfulness.
Comments for this post have been disabled